Email bulletins with news of recent SRF activity, an up to date listing of Russia-related events in Scotland and further afield, and a miscellany of notices. One of our most popular services and it's free!
Sign up to receive these approx. monthly bulletins by email.
Latest bulletin: November 2019
Earlier bulletins are in the Archive
The most recent issue of our magazine can be downloaded as a pdf here: The FORUM, no. 40, Winter 2019 PLEASE SEND ANY IDEAS FOR ARTICLES ETC FOR THE NEXT ISSUE OF "FORUM" DIRECTLY TO THE EDITOR, SHEILA SIM AT firstname.lastname@example.org
Issue 40, Winter 2019
publ. January 2019
Front cover: Pussy Riot's Riot Days concert at Summerhall. Edinburgh Fringe Festival, August 2018. Photographed by Jacinta Oaten.
p2 SRF news
p3 Tatyana Jakovskaya, The Youth that Knew
p5 Bryan Alexander, Revisiting a Nenets Family
p7 Dairmid Gunn, A Cold War visit to Borodino Battlefield
p8 Book reviews:
· Portraits without Frames by Lev Ozerov. Reviewed by Peter France
· The Return of Munchausen by Sigizmund Krzhizhanovsky. Reviewed by Natasha Perova
· Freedom of Speech in Russia: Politics and media from Gorbachev to Putin by Daphne Skillen. Reviewed by Martin Dewhirst.
· Intellectual Life and Literature at Solovki by Andrea Gullotta. Reviewed by Mark Vincent
· Moneyland: Why Thieves and Crooks Now Rule the World And How To Take It Back by Oliver Bullough. Reviewed by Lindsay Mackenzie
· Slav Sisters (The Dedalus Book of Russian Women’s Literature) edited by Natasha Perova. Reviewed by Margaret Tejerizo
· СТУПЕНЬКА-1 Russian as a foreign language for kids. Pupil's book and Activity book by Natalia Gulamova. Reviewed by Marta Tomaszewski
Back page: How can we further the aims of the SRF?
Previous issues are in the Archive.
The magazine is published twice a year and is available online. Members of the Scotland-Russia Forum can request a copy in the post (to become a member apply here).
Events and news are often published on our Facebook and Twitter feeds before they appear in the email bulletin (and sometimes they don't).
Other news is listed in the Scotland-Russia News Round-Up on our home page.
For events listings go to What's On.